The following instructions apply only to our Corporate and Business Class Hosting Plans:
All MYSQL databases require a user to be either assigned or created from within Control Panel. This user can administrate the database via the use of scripts and functions. If a script accessing the database is hosted elsewhere, you will need to specify the IP address of that script within the user's rights area.
A typical use-case of this is when you are developing locally, but you wish to use a live database within your account. A tell tale sign when attempting this connection locally is : "Access denied for user ""@"" with password: YES"
In order to specify the IP address for the remote script on an existing user please do the following:
- Login to www.controlpanel.co.nz
- Expand Services tab and select MySQL Databases or MySQL 5.0 Databases
- Find the database and select [rights] next to the user that requires remote access
- Click 
- Enter the remote IP Address Access Location (ie: 127.0.0.1).
- Optional: Select the rights that user can access from the remote IP
- Click Save
This process will add another IP rule and you can repeat as many times as needed for other locations that may need access to this database.