|Our hosting servers have security enable to help prevent the servers getting hacked. This is standard practice for premium hosting providers. Without going into too much detail, this works by the servers validating the IP addresses used in all cookie based logins. This limits the ability of attackers who capture cPanel session cookies to use them in an exploit of the Control Panel interfaces.
For a standard computer and network setup, you should never have any problems logging into CPanel. 99% of customers will never have any issue.
However if you have a non standard network setup on your computer network, or your ISP or DNS provider is aggressively changing your IP address every few seconds/minutes, or you are using a Proxy, you may encounter problems. This may result in you being regularly logged out of CPanel, and then prompted to re-authenticate on a regular basis. People use proxies for a number of reasons, including for accessing region locked online services, but they can cause problems when accessing some secure online servers and ports when they are enabled.
Possible Solutions for clients using non standard setups, and who are encountering this problem:
- Clients who use a proxy, or a proxy service, will need to disable any proxy that they are behind while using CPanel. Then reenable it once they have finished using cpanel.
- If your ISP is changing your IP address every few seconds/minutes, please contact your ISP to set your IP address as static.
- Clear your internet browser cache and cookies
- Make sure your web browser isn't in incognito mode or private mode. Different web browsers have different names for this mode.
- Try using Google Chrome
- Test your login from a totally different computer on a different ISP and network. If you have a smart phone or ipad, you could test it from that.