|You should be able to use the MS Publisher to upload your website files to our servers without any additional software required.
This guide is for MS Publisher 2007. These instructions assume your website files are already created and saved as .htm or .html.
Important: The default extension that MS Publisher works with is .pub. Make sure you save your website files as .htm or .html and not .pub.
Below are instructions for publishing a website with MS Publisher 2007.
1. Launch MS Publisher 2007.
2. Select the File menu. Click Open.
3. Open your publication.
4. Select the File Menu. Click Publish To Web.
5. In the File Name, write "index" (without the quotations). In the Save as Type choose "Web Page, Filtered" which will save it as a .HTM or .HTML document.
6. In the Location dialog box type in the following, ftp://firstname.lastname@example.org , replacing "domain.co.nz" with your domain name, and "username" with your username: , and press ENTER on your keyboard.
*If you are unable to do this, please skip steps 5-8 and read the note below.
7. Uncheck Log on Anonymously. Enter your FTP username and FTP password (you can find this in the account information email we sent you) in the respective fields. Click Log on or press Enter.
8. Once connected to the server, you should see all your online folders. Choose the appropriate directory for your files. For cPanel Based Plans, this will be the public_html directory. For Corporate and Business Class hosting plans, this will be the yourdomain.co.nz directory. Double Click on the folder to open it.
9. Once you have the appropriate location opened, click Save to upload your files to the site.
*Note: If you are unable to publish to the ftp site directly with publisher, your best option remains to use any FTP client software to upload the files you have created. This is how:
1. Follow the Above Steps 1-5.
2. Instead of publishing to a remote FTP location, choose a location on your computer to save the files. Make sure it is a place you can find, such as My Documents or Desktop. This will save 2 objects, a file called index.htm, and a folder called index_files (which contains your images and additional pages).
3. Close MS Publisher, and connect to your server using an FTP Client. If you do not have an FTP client, we recommend downloading and installing a free ftp client such as Filezilla Client.
4. Once connected to the server, you should see all your online folders. Choose the appropriate directory for your files. For cPanel Based Plans, this will be the public_html directory. For Corporate and Business Class hosting plans, this will be the yourdomain.co.nz directory.
5. Upload your index.htm files and your index_files folder into this directory.