What happened to unmetered?
There are always a very small number of shared hosting customers (less than 1%) whose resource use would be considered 'excessive' for the shared plan that they are on. To ensure that your website is never affected by the 1% we have moved away from unmetered and implemented shared hosting quotas.
If you are one of the 99%
The new quotas were set at limits that will affect less than 1% of existing customers, so if you are one of the 99% - you won't be affected in the slightest, that's our guarantee. Quotas will only affect the 1% of customers who fall outside of what's considered fair use.
If you feel that your use falls outside of the shared hosting quotas, then shared hosting probably isn't for you. Contact us today for an effective hosting solution better suited to your needs.
What are examples of excessive usage on the shared hosting platform?
Examples of excessive usage include, but are not limited to...
- Using your web site storage space to back-up large quantities of files, often unrelated to your website.
- Using large amounts of bandwidth due to streaming large amounts of video / audio, hosting files for other sites.
- Setup one web site, then setup dozens of email accounts for other domains.
- You start using large amounts of bandwidth hosting files for other websites.
We have an ongoing commitment to investing in the NZ hosting network.
At the Lounge Network, we make an ongoing commitment to investing in resource and technology that ensures our servers run at optimal performance & availability – and most importantly – keeps your website or app running smoothly. Recently this has included;
- a complete overhaul of the shared hosting architecture at the Vocus Datacentre in Auckland, including upgrading all front-end servers and SATA drives to HP hardware,
- the implementation of MySQL Governor to regulate usage and prevent a site from affecting others when it requires additional resource,
- over $70,000 and 1000 hours of development/engineering time into upgrading mail systems and storage, providing you with a significantly more robust service.