If you find you cannot access your website/s, please follow the steps below before you email us, as it can save a lot of time:
(1) Check that your domain name hasn‘t EXPIRED, and needs renewing, as an expired domain name will prevent your website loading. If your domain is registered through us, you can renew it via our Domain Manager at www.domains.loungenetwork.co.nz , and if it is registered elsewhere you will need to contact your domain registrar. A domain uncancellation fee may apply to expired domains. If your domain has expired, it may take a few days or so, to be renewed, as we must recieve a cleared payment before we can renew it. If you need your domain name renewing urgently, and don't want to wait, please use our 'Priority Support Page' at http://loungenetwork.co.nz/emergency-contact.php . Domains can take several hours after the are uncancelled, before they will begin working again. The best way to prevent this problem is keeping an note of your domains expiry date, and always renewing and paying it well before it's expiry date. Domains can be renewed up to 10 years in advance, and you shouldn't wait till the last minute to renew it.
(2) Check that your hosting account hasn‘t gone over its disk space limits. Check the disk space usage inside your Control Panel.
(3) Check that your hosting account hasn‘t gone over its data transfer limits. Check the data transfer usage inside your Control Panel.
(3) Check that your hosting account hasn‘t been suspended for a breach of our Terms of Service, or due to non payment.
(4) Try to access other sites on the internet (both international and New Zealand websites). Most times it will just be your ISP that is having issues. Also check that your firewall and antivirus software isn‘t blocking your internet access, especially if you are connected to an office network. Also check that your router doesn't have problems, try restarting it as that may help reset it.
(5) If you have recently joined us, also make sure that your DNS info for your domain name has propagated over to our servers. This process of propagation can take up to 3 days.
(6) Check the domain‘s nameservers, and make sure that they are configured correctly inside your Domain Manager at www.domains.loungenetwork.co.nz .
(7) Access our Server Status Page and see if there‘s an issue with your server. Your servers name is shown in your welcome - account details email as follows :
(8) If your website uses online software, such as a Content Management System, Shopping Cart, Forum, Blog etc, check that there isn't a problem or a bug with your online software. To do this you will need to contact your websites developer or programmer. Often this is the reason for problems when an automated websites stop working or display error messages.
(9) You can also check the status of your site by using the "Spot Check" service at http://alertra.com. Enter your domain name into the box and click the "check" button. This will then check the accessibility of your domain from 4 different geographical locations. This test may however throw up a false result if you have a problems or bugs in your websites online software, as described in (9) above. If the spot check shows 'OK' then there is most likely an issue with your ISP's network and their connection to websites around the world. We also do recommend testing your website by connecting to another ISP, preferably on a different computer and network.
(10) If you see that the server you are on is non-reachable, according to the above steps, please access our Server Status Page for information about the issue and what is being done to rectify the situation. This page will keep you fully up to date should an issue occur.
You should only email us if no announcement has been made on our Server Status Page.
If you contact us regarding slow/no responses to the servers, they must also include a traceroute report in order for us to further assist you and locate the issue. You can download a trial copy of a traceroute software by clicking here. In most cases contacting your ISP first, will locate the problem if there are any issues with your ISP‘s route to your server.
Most importantly, if there is an issue with your server, do not panic. Please keep calm while we rectify the situation on your server. Cool heads are needed should any issues occur with the servers, so the Server Technicians can rectify the issue as quickly as possible.